- 01603 209955
- 01603 613688
- Maids Head Hotel
How to find us
The Maids Head offers onsite parking, right in the heart of the City, for approximately 90 cars. Kindly note that car parking charges will come into effect from Saturday, July 1st 2023.
Guests are required to register their car registration details at Reception on arrival, where they will be advised of the chargeable amount.
Hotel residents parking £8.00 per night. Each car is registered until 3pm on the day of departure.
Visitors to the Maids Head dining in the WinePress Restaurant, or attending a Meeting or Event, will receive complimentary parking during thier visit to the Hotel.
Non Hotel Patrons the following charges apply:
Up to 1 hour – £3.00
Up to 4 hours – £9.00
Up to 8 hours – £18.00
Up to 10 hours – £20.00
Up to 24 hours – £30.00
Please note that these charges are subject to change.
From our archive records, we have found that car parking charges applied as far back as 1920, when cars were stored from 2/- a night, according to size. There was also a Chauffeur’s Sitting Room!
The car park is covered by CCTV and security lit for your peace of mind.
The Car park can be located on Pigg Lane which is a cobbled side road off Palace street, just past the main entrance of the hotel, postcode NR3 1RS. There are no barriers, however there is a number plate recognition system managed by an external company.
Directions From A11 Heading Into Norwich
- From A11 / A47 junction (Thicktorn Roundabout) head to Norwich. At 1st roundabout (400m hospital roundabout) head straight across signed Norwich onto Newmarket Road.
- Next roundabout straight across signed City Centre (ignore sign for Cromer / Airport at this roundabout).
- Next roundabout (Multiyork on left) take 1st left signed Cromer.
- At next roundabout take 2nd exit continue straight ahead through traffic lights.
- At next roundabout (Halfords) take 2nd exit
- At next roundabout take 2nd exit continue over fly over.
- At next roundabout (puppet Theatre) 3rd exit following signs for Law Courts onto Palace Street pass over hump back bridge. Turn right down Pigg Lane onto cobbled lane to car park. NR3 1RS
Directions From Tombland (Driving Through City Centre)
- Follow road down hill. Turn right infront of the hotel
- Take first left down Pigg Lane cobbled lane to car park.